Saturday, May 22, 2010







Well, it's wedding time (ahhhhhh).....I've been busy making gifts for all of our wonderful friends that are helping us out at the wedding. Two of my good friends are cooking, a bridesmaid is making our cake, all of these great and wonderful people in our lives are making our day so special....In order to thank them I wanted to add a personal touch. So here's the first one! I love quotes, and one of my favorite gifts that I received is a wood painted plaque with a great Mother Theresa quote...I know God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle....I just wish he didn't trust me so much!
So I was in ....Michaels (yes again....sigh).....and found this wood plaque, and this is what I decided to do with it. First I sanded it down, and spray painted it with a metallic spray paint, called Canyon Brown (or something like that hhehehehe). After a few base quotes I sprayed this neat crackle top coat on it. I love this stuff! The only thing I will say is spray evenly and shake a lot fist.
After it dried I cut out black vinyl letters with the calligraphy cartridge from one of my favorite quoteist Carl Sundberg....Nothing happens unless first we dream....I decided to add a few embellishments and sealed with some mod podge....Over all I think it came out great! And now...I think I want one for me :) Hope everyone is doing well...I have a feeling I'll be posting a lot more soon....


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous quote and reallly pretty project, H. Been missing you. xxD

    ReplyDelete