Saturday, February 6, 2010

A gift for the bride




To round up my shower favors I made this picture frame for the bride. The picture didn't come out to great but hopefully the idea is there. I used the Stretch Your Imagine Cartridge for the champagne glasses, I just liked those ones better than the Sweethearts. I cut it out with the contact paper. I know provo craft says use vinyl and then transfer tape but they're so expensive! So I tried regular old contact paper at $6 for a large roll and it works great! Once you apply the contact paper on the glass it's good to smooth it over with the side of a credit card to make sure it's flat against the glass. I found putting generous amounts of Armor Etch is great and leaving it on for 10 minutes is good enough. The Mr and Mrs was from the Sweethearts cartridge. Remember to flip the words! I used the card feature to cut out the words since you need the cut out pattern anyways. This works much better than trying to use the regular wording. I love love love how this came out.....The black picture frame makes it hard to see but it came out amazing and the best part is the picture frames were on clearance at Michaels for $2! Since I've spent more money than I've wanted to there lately this was nice.....


What a great day to spend in the snow! We've had over two feet today and yesterday.....

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is great! Fantastic etchings! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a lot of fun and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is Amazing!!!! Good job on the pic. I know it was tough to photograph. Now I need to hit M's. xxD

    ReplyDelete