Monday, January 18, 2010

Glass Etching with the Cricut




Well when I bought my cricut I couldn't wait to glass etch...I didn't know what I wanted to etch but I knew that was something I was going to try. So when I saw shadow boxes 50% off at Michaels this weekend....I was excited :)


The moment I took this picture of my honey and the kids on one of our camping excursions I knew it was special and that it would hang somewhere in our house. So here's what I did


Used the serenade branch icon and cut it out with contact paper


Placed the contact paper over the frame where I wanted it to lay


Placed armor all over the spot for 10 minutes


Scraped off the excess and washed it off!

I also use some vinyl for the family lettering....


Here is the finished product I can't believe how easy it was and how awesome it turned out


I see a lot of etching in my future :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome results and it sounds so easy! Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how easy it was! I think now that I've done the candle holders that working on a flat surface is much easier (I know kind of silly it seems obvious)

    ReplyDelete